Satellite Software Engineer - 32416
- Albuquerque, NM
Alion Science and Technology is looking for a cognitive software defined radio subject matter expert who has mid-level to expert level experience working with and programming SDR/Cognitive radios for RF digital signal processing, interference detection, interference signal characterization and classification.
- This individual will support cubesat-to-ESPA sized space vehicle radio design, test, and assessment. (Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle Satellite Payload Adapter)
- The individual will develop software that uses the radio to sense the internal and external environment or takes external information on the environment, and then reconfigures the radio to operate through adverse conditions.
- The software to be modified resides on both the SDR's Advanced Reduced Instruction Satellite Computer Machine (ARM) and the FPGA
- Develop software to sense the environment
- Develop software to respond to the environment
- Develop C++ code for ARMs. Develop VHDL for FPGAs ( Very High Speed Integrated Circuit Hardware Design Language)
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the RF communications threats, technology advancements, and the SDR industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Ability to apply technical expertise, and has knowledge of other related disciplines. Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Masters desired)
- Five years' experience with software defined radios desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDR) and cognitive radios.
Experience with RF signal processing. Experience with optical and laser signal processing desired.
Proficient with C++.
Familiar with VHSIC Hardware Description Language (VHDL), GNU Radios, Xylinx SDRs, Matlab, and
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Top Secret clearance desired, Secret clearance may be considered.
No issues precluding eligibility for a TS/SCI level security clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top