Program Management Analyst / Deputy PM - 32231
- Newport News, VA
At Alion, we believe our strength depends on hiring the best and brightest talent in the market to join our team. Our people work together doing what they love for a mission that's bigger than just the bottom line. If you get excited about inventing new solutions or analyzing and solving real problems, then check out our challenging and exciting career opportunities.
Responsible for the performance small non-technical projects or a definable portion of a larger program of which domain area is of a non-technical nature, such as budgets, procurement, technical writing, supply chain management. Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major proposals. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, IT support, and client services. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. May assist in the management of a business unit or department or is at an entry level in management of such under the close supervision of the Division or Program Director. Manages one or more programs. May supervise professional and technical personnel performing in their regular disciplines. May participate in the development and execution of budgets, sales and marketing plans and other strategic tools. Participates in driving initiatives for achieving established objectives. May serve as the primary or assistant technical and management interface for the company, customer, and senior staff. Provides management services including general administrative oversight, time accounting. financial tracking, cost projection, inventory management, personnel evaluation and support. Responsible for the preparation of and accountability for all contract deliverables. Responsible for assisting in the leadership and direction to a multidisciplinary staff. Prepares and approves Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols and other technical documentation. Able to supervise, manage, support and evaluate personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops problem resolution options based on thorough knowledge of finance, project and program management, and administrative activities.
- Utilizes effective theory, concepts and principles in the design, development and implementation of financial analytic models and systems.
- Is an expert in the field and in certain client communities.
- Anticipates future requirements.
- Develops and evaluates plans for future requirements. Assesses and recommends the feasibility of proposed approaches to solve problems. Possesses a thorough knowledge of appropriate US Government regulations and procedures.
- Leads highly complex financial analysis and reporting for use in corporate planning, developing budgets, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Leads various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
- Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
- Creates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Performs financial analysis of assigned contracts projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals.
- Develops budgets for assigned contracts and tracks performance to budgets.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve the financial performance of the organization.
- Identifies and resolves highly complex problems as well as to prevent future problems. Leads the preparation of cost proposals.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as DAR, FAR, and other government regulations.
- Conducts audits and analysis of their organizations direct and indirect costs, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that labor and non-labor charges are approved, allowable, and processed in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with internal departments and the DCAA in highly complex auditing assignments.
- Provides work leadership to less experienced Financial Analysts.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus at least 8 years of directly related experience or a Master's degree and six years of experience preferably in a government contracting environment.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 15 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial, accounting, and forecasting concepts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DAR, FAR, and other relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications, JAMIS preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Travel occasionally for training and management meetings at corporate office.
- A clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- 20% travel to CONUS locations expected.
Security Clearance: None
Back to top