Principal Cloud Software Engineer - 33862
- Orlando, FL
Enlighten, an Alion company is looking for a Principal Cloud Engineer to design, develop and implement complicated and difficult software capabilities for computer based systems. Exhibits technical insight and understanding in multiple fields and disciplines with an in depth facility in Cloud Computing. Candidate must have expertise developing cloud software based capabilities. Analyze the cloud infrastructure needs of the Company's product units and transversal functions. Participate to selection and deployment of Openstack distribution (SLA, performance, support, cost). Design and implement private cloud infrastructure. Ensure full integration with hybrid cloud platform management layer, identity management and R&D infrastructure. Work closely with other engineering teams. Will help to build a team of Software Engineers in the Orlando, FL area. Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure into a fully automated, service-oriented, hybrid IT. Work with automating build pipelines, migrations, security and compliance in the cloud. Define, implement and manage a cloud based infrastructure. Perform tool administrative tasks and provide application support for our platform. Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to software development organization. Work closely with business technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- A current Secret level security clearance is required and a higher level clearance up to the polygraph level is desired, therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (i.e. computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.). Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 12+ years of experience in Cloud Engineering / Computing
- Experience in streaming and/or batch analytics (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Flink, Storm, MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience in cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g. Spring, Guava)
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Prior experience building up and/or leading a team of software engineers
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top