Mission Information Technology Systems-Administrator (MITS-A) - 31803
- Clovis, NM
If you're looking for a place to put your engineering and technology skills to work for something bigger than yourself, then you've come to the right place. At Alion, we exist to design and deliver engineering solutions for national defense and security. That means that, whether advising a client on the best path forward or inventing new technology to get there, the work you perform every day will make a difference for our country and for the men and women who risk their lives every day to defend it. This unique position supports the Air Force Special Operations Command and Contro Missiton Systems contract.
- The Mission Information Technology Systems-Administrator (MITS-A) will perform systems administration to support the operation, maintenance, and installation of SAMS-ESA software suite on AFSOC aircraft.
- Provide software maintenance in the form of inspections and tests of all network and user software prior to installation
- Maintain installed systems with most current SAMS-ESA configuration; to include system/software upgrade and revision installations, replacements, and network assurance upgrades. Responsible for updating SAMS-ESA computers with current Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED).
- Provide user training for SAMS-ESA hardware and software for all assigned Aircrew members. Implement unique SAMS-ESA software applications (i.e. Jockey, Services Too, Bus Driver, Short Bus, etc.) as required.
- Perform research and testing of new equipment, and assist the AFSOC component representative with recommendations, information, and /or analysis as required.
- Assist with all related configuration management and property accountability efforts related to SAMS-ESA initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- H.S. Diploma with 8 years experience
- A.S. Degree with 6 years experience
- B.S. Degree with 4 years experience
- Must obtain a Security+ certification within 120 days.
- 4 years SOF experience desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Minimum of five years' experience using Microsoft Operating Systems, to include Microsoft XP, Windows 7 and 10
- Must be able to analyze/troubleshoot hardware and software malfunctions, accomplish file download, manipulation, installation, operation, administer security procedures and principles and perform trusted data extraction functions
- Work environment is administrative office, lab, and flight line operations
- Knowledge of Command & Control systems, Radio Frequency and Datalink communications is highly desired
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top