Lead Operations / Signature Reduction Military Analyst - 33555
- Annapolis Junction, MD
This position is for a Mid/Senior Lead Operations/Signature Reduction Analyst supporting a complex program, for a Combatant Command (CCMD). The team of analysts assist with enabling technical and tactical operations based upon their expert assessments of the operating environment and the adversary in conjunction with the common operational picture. The analyst serves as a catalyst for joint collaborative planning and assists all echelons to achieve operational dominance.
Serves as Mid/Senior Lead Operations/Signature Reduction Analyst for a DoD program that is complex and in a developmental phase. The incumbent must be able to work independently or in small group situations, develop solutions to problem sets, to include alternatives based with thorough knowledge of the situation, globally, as well as internally, utilizing signature reduction principles in recommending viable options.
Under the general direction of an Alion project, program, and/or division manager, and within the scope of work, the Analyst will perform multi-faceted sensitive assignments requiring the analysis and synthesis of complex systems and assigned projects supporting the CCMD.
As analyst, incumbent will serve as the focal point for liaison activities with CCMD program staff, and other military organizations as assigned. Analyst work closely with the customer to anticipate future requirements, develop and evaluate plans for various projects or program activities that meet the urgent operational needs of the command. Additionally, will use best practices and ingenuity to assess and recommend the feasibility of proposed approaches to solve problems. Incumbent must possess thorough knowledge of applicable operational mission areas and national defense requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides policy and signature reduction recommendations to government senior level staff, based on comprehensive analysis that utilizes the tenets, principles, and DoD directives associated signature reduction methodologies.
As required, will operate in joint and / or DoD unique environments.
Applies extensive operational background and experience gained from military/civil service and leadership roles, as well as operational proficiency in advanced analytic operational theory and signature reduction principles, during joint and combined operations at tactical, operational and strategic levels of warfare to solve current and/or future mission needs or to correct problem areas.
As directed, initiates and develops operational ideas in specialty area, and develops effective implementation schemes. Plans, develops, and coordinates, several small complex projects.
Leads and/or participates in working groups, program development forums, analytical activities, readiness exercises, training, education and other forums as required to accomplish contract requirements.
Establishes and monitors standards for the quality of programs and documents. Assists in the resolution of project and program priorities. Assures quality control throughout all contract activities.
Demonstrates superior writing and presentation skills to develop briefings, documents, papers, conceptual, and analytical reports for clients.
Maintains and complies with security procedures in the performance of duties.
May provide direction, training, and assistance to other program staff, as an expert in a particular field of study.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of intelligence/signature reduction analyst experience. Experience may be substituted for education
- Experience with various techniques applied to Signature Reduction methodologies
- Maintain knowledge of established Signature Reduction and OPSEC plans
- Experience in determining the operational validity of a unit's Signature Reduction Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Knowledge of various open sources, digital behaviors, and common platforms used in one or more CCMD AORs
- Experience within the Intelligence Community, CCMDs (J2X/3X), or Federal Law Enforcement in the specialty areas of CI/HUMINT, Cyber, SIGINT.
- Experience in Surveillance Detection Route (SDR) and Countersurveillance planning
- Successful completion of the following courses: Joint Operations Support Basic Course and the Joint Operations Support Advanced Level-1 Course conducted under the auspices of the Defense Operations Support Training Program
- DoD or military service special agent credentialing course
- DoD or military service intelligence analyst producing course
- DoD or military service training in SDR / Fieldcraft
MUST possess an active TS security clearance / preferably with SCI eligibility and CI-Poly
Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft applications.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Other: Position may require supporting multiple DoD customers. Incumbent must be able to travel to points within designated area of responsibility on an as required basis.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
Back to top