Lead ISSE (Information Systems Security Engineer) - 33992
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Enlighten, an Alion company is looking for an experienced Lead ISSE (Information Systems Security Engineer). Candidate will perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection / classification requirements. The candidate should understand distributed architectures and cloud-based systems for big data applications. Candidate will use vulnerability management systems, automated security scanning tools, and system accreditation record systems. Will lead a team of ISSEs supporting many customers.
Candidate must be able to grasp new concepts, facilitate information exchanges for data gathering, and collaborate with diverse audiences. Must follow established processes where applicable and establish and execute defensible processes where none are prescribed.
Candidate will provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management support. Will also recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements and guide the development team in meeting the security posture requirements. Will also support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures. Must apply existing knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop and implement security networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- A current TS/SCI level security clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 12+ years of experience with Information System Security and IT with large multi-tiered programs and must have previous experience in a leadership role.
- Experience implementing DoD system accreditation processes (DIACAP and RMF).
- A working knowledge of TCP/IP suite of protocols and services, computer architectures, and network topologies, distributed architectures and cloud-based systems for big data applications is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level II (SSCP, Security+, CCNA-Security, or GSEC certification)
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required. (CSSLP, CISSP, or CASP certification)
- Must have the ability to create, review and edit authorization documentation for completeness and accuracy in accordance with federal and DoD policy.
- Experience assessing use case and operational risk of integrated open source, and GOTS/COTS software components.
- Experience with DISA STIGs and SRGs, vulnerability management systems, mitigation and compliance processes, and reviewing results from automated security scanning tools.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is needed. Must be able to interact well with other to complete work.
- CISSP concentration in Engineering or Architecture is highly desired.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top