Info Assurance/Sec Eng, Senior - ISSM - 33593
- Xenia, OH
Alion Science and Technology is seeking an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for our Dayton, Ohio office. Alion Science and Technology Corporation is a technology solutions company delivering technical expertise and operational support to the United States Department of Defense, civilian government agencies and commercial customers.
As the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) the individual works closely with various Government Agencies and Offices to generate and maintain security documentation to include System Security Plans, Risk Assessment Reports, Privileged/General User Guides, and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for classified Information Systems. Accepts responsibility for the certification and accreditation of classified Information System networks and ensure auditing requirements are completed in accordance with appropriate guidelines & requirements. Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Ensures all system security procedures are being followed include maintaining and reviewing software security patching and audit files in accordance with various customer requirements.
Other Duties Include: Maintain responsibility for Information System media control, anti-virus definition updates, hardware and software control for secure operating environments, Information Security briefings, education and training. Performing periodic self-inspections of the overall Information System program and ensure compliance with various Government regulations. Conducts and coordinates investigations into security violations related to the Information System program; ensures corrective actions are appropriately implemented.
An ideal candidate will be a fast-learning, self-motivated individual with a passion to work on and positively impact our nation's defense against digital threats.
- Knowledge across all aspects of Security
- Operating knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience administering security responsibilities
- Experience with RMF, NIST 800-53, CNSSI 1253, and NISPOM is required
- Experience with STIGS, SCAP, SCC, vulnerability scanning and logging tools a plus
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment as well as independently
- Must be organized and detail orientated
- Must have a minimum of Security+ certification with a preference of CISSP
- Backup and assist other members of the Security Staff as required
- Knowledge of Access Commander or SIMS is a plus
- Other duties as assigned
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top