Hardware Engineer - 34455
- Roanoke, VA
Alion is searching for qualified candidates to contribute to a hardware engineering effort involving ASIC-based systems. This effort includes direct functional evaluation of hardware as well as contributing to the investigation, research, and development of new methods and techniques for evaluation, analysis, and verification of FPGA and ASIC digital designs. Many innovative solutions applying to DoD mission critical problems will be researched, developed, and deployed.
The candidate will need extensive FPGA and/or ASIC design and verification experience as a basis. Ideally the candidate will also have experience in hardware reverse engineering or extensive gate-level design debug expertise. Experience with PCB design, embedded system design, various EDA tools (synthesis, P&R, simulation, etc.), bench-top debug, device physics, and failure analysis is a plus.
- Firm understanding and experience in integrated circuit design.
- Demonstrated experience in integrated circuit design simulation, layout, and verification workflows.
- Solid understanding and experience with FPGA/ASIC electronic design automation (EDA) such as Cadence, Synopsys, Mentor Graphics, etc.
- Solid understanding of ASIC design flow and verification methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field of study with 10+ years of experience, Master's degree in related field with 5+ years of experience, or a PhD in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top