FPGA Hardware Engineer - 31268
- Roanoke, VA
Alion is searching for qualified candidates to contribute to a hardware engineering effort involving FPGA-based systems. This effort includes direct functional evaluation of hardware as well as contributing to the investigation, research, and development of new methods and techniques for evaluation, analysis, and verification of FPGA and ASIC digital designs. Many innovative solutions applying to DoD mission critical problems will be researched, developed, and deployed.
The candidate will need extensive FPGA and/or ASIC design and verification experience as a basis. Ideally the candidate will also have experience in hardware reverse engineering or extensive gate-level design debug expertise. Experience with PCB design, embedded system design, various EDA tools (synthesis, P&R, simulation, etc.), bench-top debug, device physics, and failure analysis is a plus.
Domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas is not required by highly beneficial:
- Aerospace electronics
- Electronic Warfare
- Guidance and Navigation
- Communications Systems
Ability to research a problem, engineer solutions, and work as a part of a fast paced team is required. This position will require the ability to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance. An active clearance is highly desirable.
- BS or greater in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in FPGA and/or ASIC design and verification
- Competency with Verilog or VHDL
- Familiarity with industry standard EDA tools (i.e. synthesis, P&R, simulation, etc.)
- Hardware Domain Knowledge (RF, EW, RADAR, etc.)
- Embedded systems experience
- Gate-level debug and/or Hardware Reverse Engineering experience
- PCB design
- Bench-top debug/testing experience
- Failure Analysis/Device Physics
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top