Financial Data Analyst - 33785
- Warren, MI
Serves as a senior program analyst within the U.S. Army's Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC, formerly TARDEC), responsible for financial and force management systems and data oversight, and for presenting resource management and financial data for a multitude of appropriations, providing timely and accurate reporting and program analyses over Army resources. Develops, evaluates, recommends, maintains and coordinates data collection, storage and reporting tools to ensure availability of financial and force management information required to meet established milestones and events for research, development, test, and engineering support for future weapon systems within GVSC.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data, to then process, design and present financial and force management data to aid the organization in decision making.
- Develop, analyze and present data for use in major program reviews locally, as well as higher HQ reviews.
- Define new data collections and analysis processes, to include data modeling, dynamic content solutions and analysis techniques to collect and interpret data to meet organization needs.
- Provides expert guidance and direction on the development and implementation of data collection tools and reporting to include plans and objectives that ensure actions are in keeping with established policies and program directives.
- As the principal expert regarding data collection/reporting and financial/manpower systems, coordinates issues and analyzes customer requirements to develop solutions.
- Identifies existing or potential problem areas and recommends corrective action or preventative measures. Reviews and interprets regulations, policies, and directives received from higher HQ and provides input as required. Establishes internal policy/guidance based on what was received.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to junior level analysts.
Staffing Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert level experience/skillset in working with Spreadsheets (Excel), Databases (Access, SQL, etc), and ERPs (SAP, etc.).
- Thorough knowledge of data models, content, collection and reporting to be used in analyzing various sources of information to provide comprehensive analysis and reporting.
- Expert knowledge in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, and the ability to plan, conduct and document a variety of studies, analyses and reports, including findings, recommendations, and follow-up.
- Ability to serve on or lead the efforts of various committees, meetings, workgroups and process action teams.
- Ability to effectively interact one-on-one with managers, peers and subordinates.
- Ability to plan and organize work to include gathering, analyzing and presenting facts in such a manner as to execute projects and/or studies within established time constraints.
- Skill in oral and written communication in order to write, interpret and develop implementing instructions to higher echelon regulations; write policies and procedures; write and present status on special reports; prepare and/or give briefings to higher level management.
- 2 years experience working as a Financial Analyst
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a SECRET clearance.
Bachelors degree plus 2-4 years experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 6 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top