F-35 Test Engineer, Principal - 31449
- Arlington, VA
The Principal Test Engineer supports the F-35 Lightning II JPO's mission to develop and deploy the F-35 Air System by providing research, technical studies, and analysis on weapons systems and platforms including shipboard and airborne radar and electronic systems, electrical generation systems, weapons control systems, engines, aircraft launch and recovery equipment, support equipment, and other complex machinery.
The Principal Test Engineer is the organizational expert in the test-engineering field.
- Conducts research, technical analysis, and solution alternatives for weapons systems and platforms as well as avionic and shipboard systems that affect the system's entire life cycle, with a focus on affordability.
- Develops approaches that resolve technical or supportability deficiencies affecting the weapons system functionality. Technical efforts include;
- developing and determining deficiency indicators;
- defining characteristics and the cause of such deficiencies;
- determining the impact on the affected product;
- identifying, assessing, and testing alternative solutions; recommending the preferred solution;
- designing, integrating, and validating the solution.
- Designs and develops highly complex engineering standards and tests to evaluate the function of products and systems.
- Develops and implements procedures for product testing, reviews and evaluates test results, and recommends production or design changes to ensure quality and performance standards.
- Develops test plans, scripts, scenarios, functional tests, regression tests, and deployment tests. Implements the testing processes and ensures all test activities follow those processes.
- Produces reports on each test activity and tracks test metrics. Monitors for continual test process improvement through failure analysis, throughput analysis, yield analysis, and report to management periodically.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field. Master's degrees from an accredited institution in Science or Engineering is preferred.
- Will have 10-12 Years' of relevant experience.
- Must have experience using FORTRAN, LabVIEW, and MATLAB.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance required.
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Back to top