F-35 Program Manager 2 - 31455
- Arlington, VA
The Program Manager 2 supports the F-35 Lightning II JPO's mission to develop and deploy the F-35 Air System by providing research, technical studies, and analysis on weapons systems and platforms including shipboard and airborne radar and electronic systems, electrical generation systems, weapons control systems, engines, aircraft launch and recovery equipment, support equipment, and other complex machinery.
Acts as the Deputy Program Manager assisting & representing the Program Manager with management of multiple tasks serving multiple program office customers. The program involves established technologies that require the application of advanced principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Conducts research, technical analysis, and solution alternatives for weapons systems and platforms as well as avionic and shipboard systems that affect the system's entire life cycle, with a focus on affordability.
- Develops approaches that resolve technical or supportability deficiencies affecting the weapons system functionality. Technical efforts include;
- developing and determining deficiency indicators;
- defining characteristics and the cause of such deficiencies;
- determining the impact on the affected product;
- identifying, assessing, and testing alternative solutions; recommending the preferred solution;
- designing, integrating, and validating the solution.
- Develops and monitors program plan including time and cost estimates. Ensures project outputs are delivered on schedule and within funding.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program plan and schedule, identifies program problems, and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Prioritizes workload and determines staffing levels and any adjustments in staffing. Maintains a staffing level to ensure technical quality and appropriate experience levels are consistent with current and projected project activities.
- Manages an established development program for major component or a total small system, or production or logistics program for several components or medium systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Will have 8 years related experience. Must have leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Requires coordination of technologies across program requirements.
- Active Secret Security Clearance required.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top