F-35 Program Manager 1 - 32206
- Arlington, VA
The F-35 Program Manager 1 handles the performance of small non-technical projects or a definable portion of a larger program of which domain area is of a non-technical nature, such as budgets, procurement, technical writing, supply chain management.
- Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities.
- Also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major proposals.
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, IT support, and client services.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- May assist in the management of a business unit or department or is at an entry level in management of such under the close supervision of the Division or Program Director. Manages one or more programs.
- May supervise professional and technical personnel performing in their regular disciplines.
- May participate in the development and execution of budgets, sales and marketing plans and other strategic tools.
- Participates in driving initiatives for achieving established objectives.
- Responsible for the preparation of and accountability for all contract deliverables.
- Responsible for assisting in the leadership and direction to a multidisciplinary staff.
- Prepares and approves Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols and other technical documentation.
- Able to supervise, manage, support and evaluate personnel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a related field with 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Will have experience with aircraft systems, hardware and software, configuration control, test and evaluation, systems integration, and systems supportability.
- Will have experience initiating and maintaining technical direction within broad program objectives directly related to aircraft systems, hardware and software, configuration control, test and evaluation, systems integration, and systems supportability.
- Will have experience managing different phases of weapon system acquisition, including Concept Development, Production and Sustainment.
- Knowledge of / experience with implementation of DODI 5000 series.
- Ability to work with large and diverse teams and the ability to effectively provide guidance, direction, and supervision in all areas of contracted effort such as program management, systems engineering, major system acquisitions, and financial management.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top