Embedded Software Engnr, Ld - 32468
- Alexandria, VA
At Commonwealth Technology Innovation (CTI), a division Alion Science, our engineers and staff are
challenged to develop unique customized solutions that seamlessly blend technology and tradecraft. We
value integrity, imagination and hands-on creativity and recruit talent with diverse backgrounds who bring
a broad spectrum of technical experience to our team. We expect that you will apply your skills and shape
this position based on your strengths and interests. CTI preserves our small company feel and our engineers
and staff have the time to focus on their work and technical contributions.
Beyond our competitive salary and benefits structure, our engineers and staff earn a sense of accomplishment
through meaningful contributions to our nation's security priorities. With highly extensive fabrication assets
in Northern Virginia including a full in-house machine shop, composite fabrication, finishing and electronics
assembly capabilities, team ideas and designs quickly become fieldable hardware. By joining the CTI team,
your skills can help solve our customer's most challenging problems and build upon the industry-
leading reputation developed over 5 decades.
Staff in this position provide a wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in their field and
provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems with imaginative and thorough solutions. We are
looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with experience in embedded C/C++programming to create
or improve mission-critical firmware and software. The candidate must have a proven track record in the
development and analysis of system requirements, design, development, debugging, and testing of analog
and digital systems.
The successful candidate will be the Embedded Software Subject Matter Expert on small teams of
Mechanical & Electrical Engineers tasked to deliver specialized hardware devices and systems.
Some work may be performed in a classified environment and will involve some direct interaction
with customers. Tasks are varied in nature, which requires the ability to learn and adapt different
technologies in a dynamic environment.
- US Citizen with active Secret (or above) clearance
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment with multiple on-going
tasks and work under deadlines.
- 8-10 years of experience
- Hands-on experience developing real-time software for custom embedded systems including
implementing and debugging embedded software systems. Full Firmware development cycle from board
bring up to final firmware development.
- C/C++ for embedded systems and general Java software development
- Experience in multi-threading software design
- Proficiency in developing peripheral drivers
- Writing drivers and implementing low-level device control over SPI, I2C, UART, and other buses
- Ability to read and understand hardware schematics, component datasheets and detailed technical
specifications, and, in collaboration with hardware designers, select particular components for a given design.
- Code development for various architectures including microcontrollers, microprocessors, and DSPs
- Rapid prototyping on COTS SBCs including BeagleBone, Arduino, Gumstix, or Raspberry Pi with
proficient Linux-based experience
- Ability to work hands-on with lab tools such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Development and management of software and design documentation. Maintain up-to-date
documentation on all projects to include version control, list and configuration files.
- Experience with Subversion or other version control system
- Motion control and sensor platform integration
- Scientific programming experience in Python
- Proficiency scheduling and synchronizing threads within a multi-threaded RTOS. Experience with
- Experience with Microchip/STM/ARM processors
- Develop technical design requirements & estimates based on preliminary requirements, frameworks,
conversations and research.
- Participate in all types of testing; conduct unit tests, stress tests, and tune performance
- MatLab programming
- GUI/Interface experience.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top