Embedded Software Engineer, Senior - 32440
- Enon, OH
Alion Science and Technology is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) support team to support efforts with the analysis, design, development, and reverse engineering of embedded software targeting various microcontrollers, microprocessors, and Digital Signal Processors (DSP) devices. Prospective candidates must be able to work well in a team environment and independently under general supervision.
In the position of Embedded Software Engineer you will be supporting the Foreign Materiel Exploitation (FME) Squadron of the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC). The mission objective is to help U.S. warfighters maintain their competitive edge by enabling the execution of timely exploitation of foreign aerospace and electronic systems for FME's Global Exploitation Intelligence Group. The majority of the work is performed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) in Dayton. To find out more about this exciting mission read NASIC's Acquire, Assess, Exploit article.
- Development of embedded software in one or more of the following operating system environments: UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, or other vendor-proprietary operating systems. "Bare-metal" systems will also be encountered.
- Experience with embedded, real-time, simulation application programming using network, TCP/IP, and other hardware interfaces.
- Experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and developing solutions for complex software problems.
- Working knowledge of Assembly Language, C, C++, C# and JAVA programming languages.
- Candidate should be very comfortable with Assembly Language Programming in embedded systems.
- Experience with scripting languages and embedded operating systems are also needed.
- Ability to analyze, design, code, integrate, document and verify embedded microprocessor programs.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and component and microprocessor data sheets is desirable.
- Strong documentation and writing skills is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
Additional Skills That Would Be a Plus:
- Previous software reverse engineer experience.
- Experience with software debuggers, decompilers, disassemblers, and software reverse engineering tools such as IDAPro and Ghidra.
- Knowledge of embedded C, assembly language on multiple platforms.
- Experience with Texas Instruments DSP processors and Code Composer Studio is desirable.
- Experience with x86 processors and Visual Studio is desirable.
- Experience with Amtel processors and microcontrollers and Atmel Studio is desirable.
- Experience with ARM processor architectures is desirable.
Prospective candidates should have a Bachelors' degree in electrical engineering, or computer engineering with 3-10 years of directly related experience. Master's degree is a plus.
Candidates must hold an active Secret Clearance, and be able to obtain a TS/SCI and additional clearances commensurate to their involvement with the USG.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top