Embedded Software Engineer - 32749
- Enon, OH
Alion is seeking a mid-level embedded software engineer to support efforts with the analysis, design, development, and reverse engineering of embedded software targeting various microcontrollers, processors, and DSP devices. Prospective candidate must be able to work well in a team environment and independently under general supervision.
- Development of embedded software in one or more of the following operating system environments: UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, or other vendor-proprietary operating systems.
- Experience with embedded, real-time, simulation application programming: Unix/Linux Real-time, multi-thread, semaphores, shared memory, network, TCP/IP hardware interfaces.
- Experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and developing solutions for complex software problems
- Working Knowledge with Assembly, C, C++, C# and JAVA programming languages; Candidate should be comfortable with Assembly Language Programming in embedded systems
- Experience with scripting languages and embedded operating systems
- Ability to design, code, integrate, document and verify embedded microprocessor programs
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Software debuggers, decompilers, dissasemblers, and software reverse engineering tools such as IDAPro
- Software reverse engineer experience.
- Knowledge of embedded C, assembly, Texas Instruments C5xxx and C6xxx DSP processors and Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio is desirable
Prospective candidates should have a Bachelors' degree in electrical engineering, or computer engineering with directly related experience. Master's degree is a plus.
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible
Back to top