Electronics Technician and PCB Designer - 32751
- Enon, OH
Alion is seeking an electronics technician and PCB designer or engineer with expertise in the design and layout of multi-layer PCB's for FPGA's, RF applications and instrumentation and test fixtures. These designs must meet specification requirements and be designed for safety, manufacturability and supportability. This candidate must consider and mitigate any environmental concerns such as temperature and vibration for boards being designed for a flight instrumentation environment. The individual will be responsible for maintaining and creating all libraries and shapes being used as part of the manufacturing and design process. The designer will work with fabrication technicians and engineers on requirements and manufacturing details and take these into consideration during the design. The individual will also perform detailed error checks, post processing, Gerber files, etc. to facilitate successful board manufacturing. The candidate will be responsible for working with local quick turn PCB layout houses or complex high-speed board layout house as projects may dictate.
- AS/BS or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering
- Training or experience in Digital and Analog PCB layout.
- Experience or training in PCB manufacturing.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new ECAD tools.
- Ability to estimate cycle times to complete tasks so as to not impact program schedule demands.
- Experience with Altium and converting from various design software packages.
- Ability to create and correct schematics with design engineering input
- Experience with creating symbols and library parts using library tools.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics.
- Work with engineers and other support staff to review design concepts and provide feedback for ease of assembly. Work with the design team to review, edit and make recommendations on work instructions for assembly tasks.
- Experience using Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of IPC standards as relate to PCB design, fabrication and assembly
- Climb ladders and stairs, and work in small, restricted areas
- Lift and carry 25-45 lbs.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work under direction or alone as the project dictates.
- Must have a good attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Candidates will be required to obtain a minimum of a SECRET clearance and access commensurate to their involvement with the USG. Candidates will be subject to investigation as required by the NISPOM, ICD 704 processes, DoD Manual 5205.07, Volume 2, and any additional Government Policy or Directives as determined by the Cognizant Security Agency. Candidates may be subject to a polygraph and enhanced security review.
- Electronic Circuit level design(analog and digital)
- Electronic systems test and evaluation experience.
- Have an ability to read, write, and comprehend detailed written and verbal instructions, assembly instructions, test procedures, schematics and other engineering documentation.
- Ability to use multi-meters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, o-scopes, logic analyzers to test and troubleshoot electronic hardware.
- Formal soldering and electronics fabrication certificates such as J-STD-001 and NASA-STD.
- Experience or training working on electrical boards and components being installed in harsh environments such as space and flight instrumentation. Takes MILSPEC requirements into account.
- Environmental testing experience such as electronic temperature and vibration tests
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top