Electronics Technician 5 - 32232
- Enon, OH
Alion Science and Technology is seeking an Electronics Technician with expertise in to performing routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair & operations of RF based hardware and a variety of electronic/computer based systems. This individual would be responsible for working with a small team in support of a variety of test and evaluation scenarios both in the lab and the field. Candidates will possess a solid knowledge of the basic principles of electronics, computers & embedded systems.
- Support field test activities including equipment transit, setup, and operations support.
- Aid Engineers in assembly and test of Digital and RF hardware for Radar, Seeker, and Electronic Warfare systems and subsystems.
- Aid Engineers in parts selection, quotes, and purchase requests.
- Willingness to travel for extended durations several times a year to support field testing (up to two weeks duration).
- Solid understanding of basic electronic design.
- Ability to solder simple board level circuits.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision and ability to work in small teams.
- Experience working with schematics, mechanical drawings and data sheets.
- Experienced in laboratory and field test environment.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant degree or certification (education may be traded for experience)
- US Citizenship required.
- Active Secret Clearance Required.
- Electronic systems test and evaluation experience.
- Have an ability to read, write, and comprehend detailed written and verbal instructions, assembly instructions, test procedures, schematics and other engineering documentation.
- Ability to use multi-meters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, o-scopes, logic analyzers to test and troubleshoot electronic hardware.
- Formal soldering and electronics fabrication certificates such as J-STD-001 and NASA-STD.
- RF/Radar/EW background
- Experience manufacturing cable harnesses and building RF Coaxial cables.
- Experience reworking electronic boards and components. This includes but isn't limited to experience cutting and rerouting traces, removing and replacing ICs and the removing of conformal coatings.
- Fabricate electronics boxes, and integrate to larger assemblies. Install instrumentation into support equipment and flight vehicles.
- Must be willing to take on additional roles and responsibilities as the work dictates.
- Experience with electronic schematic and simulation programs.
- Basic experience with fabrication shop equipment, such as drills and traditional hand tools.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top