Electronics Technician - 31304
- Enon, OH
Alion Science and Technology is seeking an Electronics Technician with expertise in the fabrication, rework and testing of a variety of electronic systems. This individual would be responsible for working with a small electronics technician team to fabricate and rework surface mount and through hole PCBs, mechanically integrated parts, cable harnesses, RF coaxial cables and electronic chassis. This individual will be responsible for being proficient on all the tools in the fabrication lab such as pick and place machines, solder screens, re flow ovens, soldering microscopes and a variety of fabrication tools.
- Support field test activities including equipment transit, setup, and operations support.
- Aid Engineers in assembly and test of Digital and RF hardware for Radar, Seeker, and Electronic Warfare systems and subsystems.
- Aid Engineers in parts selection, quotes, and purchase requests.
- Willingness to travel for extended durations several times a year to support field testing (up to two weeks duration).
- Solid understanding of basic electronic design.
- Ability to solder simple board level circuits.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision and ability to work in small teams.
- Experience working with schematics, mechanical drawings and data sheets.
- Experienced in laboratory and field test environment.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant degree or certification (education may be traded for experience)
- US Citizenship required.
- Active Secret Clearance Required.
- Electronic systems test and evaluation experience.
- Have an ability to read, write, and comprehend detailed written and verbal instructions, assembly instructions, test procedures, schematics and other engineering documentation.
- Ability to use multi-meters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, o-scopes, logic analyzers to test and troubleshoot electronic hardware.
- Formal soldering and electronics fabrication certificates such as J-STD-001 and NASA-STD.
- RF/Radar/EW background
- Experience manufacturing cable harnesses and building RF Coaxial cables.
- Experience reworking electronic boards and components. This includes but isn't limited to experience cutting and rerouting traces, removing and replacing ICs and the removing of conformal coatings.
- Fabricate electronics boxes, and integrate to larger assemblies. Install instrumentation into support equipment and flight vehicles.
- Must be willing to take on additional roles and responsibilities as the work dictates.
- Experience with electronic schematic and simulation programs.
- Basic experience with fabrication shop equipment, such as drills and traditional hand tools.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top