Deputy Program Manager - 33505
- Colorado Springs, CO
Alion is looking for a Senior Program Manager (PM) to serve as Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for the for the GSA OASIS/FEDSIM Hyper-Innovative Operational Prototype Engineering (HOPE) program. The HOPE PMO will be a dynamic, rapid response, and operational type of program management. If you have the requisite qualifications, enjoy working in a high tempo environment with a highly motivated and responsive team, you are the right choice! The HOPE Task Order will have a $550M ceiling over five years. The Task Order supports a government customer who conducts advanced development and rapid prototyping to enhance Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) technology through air, space, and cyberspace to directly support tactical units, warfighters, and commanders. This Task Order will provide the full spectrum of Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) systems engineering services in support of rapid prototype development and integration activities to meet the emergent RDT&E requirements of our customer and its stakeholders.
The HOPE PMO will be responsible for all Task Order delivery requirements. The DPM, in close coordination with the HOPE PM, will be responsible for Task Order management, deliverables, financial, compliance and communication to stakeholders. This individual has extensive background supporting the DoD and/or IC communities in program management as it relates to rapid prototyping solutions using cutting-edge technology.
The DPM will be responsible for day-to-day operations of a five-year contract that will contribute immediately to the development of new concepts, systems and prototypes to solve complex and highly innovative efforts in support of the warfighter. The successful candidate will be responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance on assigned efforts from inception through completion. She/he will also provide management, direction, administration, quality control, and leadership to Alion PMO personnel, project managers supporting HOPE projects and project support personnel in the execution of this task order.
The selected candidate will work directly with and in close coordination with the HOPE Program Manager and PMO team, Alion management, project managers and Program Leads.
Responsibilities of the HOPE DPM include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting a large portfolio of projects that touches a cross-section of current and new technologies.
- Developing and monitoring program plans including time and cost estimates, ensuring project outputs are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Ensuring appropriate training is designed and delivered to PMO personnel, project teams and subcontractors as required.
- Reviewing FEDSIM deliverables for quality.
- Leading discussions for program reviews on cost, schedule, risk and technical performance.
- Preparing delivering formal briefings as required.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with PMO team, customers, subcontractors and other outside organizations.
- Supporting management and oversight of all Task Order activities performed by a large cadre of Alion and subcontractor personnel.
- In conjunction with the PM, organizing and facilitating PMO meetings as required to monitor project plans to include time and cost estimates, ensuring PMO deliverables are delivered on schedule and within funding, identifying program problems, risks, and identifying solutions.
- Supporting the PM and ISR group senior leadership responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the company on HOPE from inception through completion.
- Supporting the PM in prioritizing workloads and determining staffing levels and any adjustments in staffing. Maintains a staffing level to ensure technical quality and appropriate experience levels are consistent with current and projected project activities
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of program management
- An active certification in at least one of the following:
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III Program Management certification
- Possess five years of experience planning, directing, coordinating, and managing a variety of methodologies and approaches (ie, agile/scrum, rapid reaction, etc) for a range of technical projects (ie, multi-domain solutions, large data analytics, SATCOM, full motion video, unmanned aircraft systems, and more).
- Possess five years of experience providing manpower utilization, standards, problem resolution, and employee relations (including subcontractors, cost, budget, and managing to milestones).
- At least three years of experience planning, directing, and coordinating programs of similar size in terms of work force utilization, procurement of materials and equipment, and training.
- Strong customer service mentality along with a collaborative team mindset.
- US Citizenship and a current TS with SCI eligibility.
Highly desired by not mandatory:
- Five years of experience working in an AF acquisition or Intelligence Community project management position leading integrated teams consisting of engineers, analysts, and project management personnel.
- Ten or more years of program management experience in R&D or rapid acquisition development projects.
- Bachelor's degree in general Engineering or in a specialized engineer technology technical discipline (e.g. Electrical, Engineering Technology, Mechanical, etc.).
- Experience integrating rapid prototype projects.
- Experience providing successful project transition (from prototype to sustainment).
- Experience with GSA FEDSIM and the GSA OASIS contract vehicle.
- Experience leading complex tasks, including compliance with industry best practices, DoD/GSA/FEDSIM standards and review of deliverables for correctness.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and management skills as evidenced by previous work experience.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top