Database Administrator - 31797
- Linthicum Heights, MD
With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients and employees with big ideas and real solutions.
The Database Administrator shall provide database administration for development and production environments, provide database application support to development teams, consult with software development teams on database schema design optimization, and engage in ongoing database performance tuning efforts to assure optimal performance for database applications. The Database Administrator – Mid Level shall create and maintain performance benchmarks and metrics, make recommendations on hardware and software specifications for optimal database performance, administer Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL database servers, support certification and accreditation activities, and perform all duties related to on-going operation of the database infrastructure. Tasks shall include, but not be limited to, database and application troubleshooting, installation, backups, configuration and performance tuning, development support, scripting, and producing documentation. Assist with all duties related to on-going operation of the database infrastructure. This labor category requires DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Category, Level II.
Education and Experience:
The Database Administrator – Mid Level shall meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Eight (8) years demonstrated experience designing, developing and/or maintaining databases, data warehouses or multidimensional databases. A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years' experience.
2. Four (4) years demonstrated direct experience administering database servers (e.g Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL). Experience shall include database installation, configuration, performance tuning and backups.
3. Four (4) years demonstrated experience administering database servers and/or cloud-based systems. Particular type of database server will be dependent on the position being filled. Experience shall include database installation, configuration, performance tuning and backups.
4. Four (4) years demonstrated experience administering database security configurations (e.g., Oracle Label Security).
5. Two (2) years demonstrated experience with scripting languages.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top