Cyber Security Analyst - 32236
- Albuquerque, NM
Alion Science and Technology delivers advanced engineering, IT and operational solutions to strengthen national security and drive business results. For customers in defense, civilian government and commercial industries, Alion's engineered solutions support smarter decision-making and enhanced readiness in rapidly-changing environments.
The Cybersecurity Analyst will be a part of a team providing secure engineering expertise and technical management support to a Department of Defense program manager located at Kirtland AFB, NM
This individual will be responsible for implementing cybersecurity for Air Force weapon systems. As part of this process, the cybersecurity Analyst will develop, coordinate, and maintain all documentation required in achieving Interim Approval to Test and Approval to Operate. Additionally, they will be responsible for reviewing supporting program documentation such as, but not limited to: Information Support Plan, Concept of Operations, Initial Capabilities Document, Program Protection Plans, and Capabilities Description Document.
• Provide leadership in the design, testing and implementing of state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products. Performs a wide range of security issues including architectures.
• Involved in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments.
• Ensure the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits and provides recommendations for application design.
• Perform analysis at many levels of total system product, including: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Use, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Integrate new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis and relates existing system to future needs and trends.
• Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
• Ensure the review of proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, availability of equipment and personnel, etc. Recommends course of action.
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
• Ability to apply technical expertise, and has knowledge of other related disciplines. Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
• Candidates must have a demonstrated understanding of technical, engineering, and programmatic capabilities related to national security systems and information technology.
• Experience in both acquisition and cybersecurity is preferred.
• The candidate should have experience in the DoD Risk Management Framework and Air Force assessment and authorization process, risk analysis, and working knowledge of architecture configurations for weapon systems.
• Successful applicants must have a current working knowledge of applicable security DoD and Air Force instructions and policies with respect to Risk Management Framework and Platform Information Technology (PIT) Assessment and Authorization (A&A).
• Applicants must be familiar with and be able to apply the principles, criteria, and procedures of guidance which includes, but is not necessarily limited to, FIPS 199, NIST SP 800-53 Revision 4, CNSSP 15, CNSSI 1253, DoDI 5000.02, DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, Director of Central Intelligence (DCID) 6/3 Manual, Joint Air Force--Army--Navy (JAFAN) 6/3, JAFAN 6/9 Manuals, and AFI 33-210.
• Bachelor's degree (Masters desired) and 5 years of relevant DoD work experience is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and possess at least an active Secret level clearance; Top Secret with SCI eligibility preferred.
Security Clearance: Secret
Back to top