Configuration Manager - 31563
- Fort Walton Beach, FL
Work in a collaborative and innovative environment support Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC). This is an amazing opportunity to directly support global Command and Control Mission Support (C2MS) program. You will be part of the Configuration Management team supporting multiple engineering, development, and sustainment efforts for the C2MS systems. This position is located in Florida.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for applying configuration and data management control disciplines to the design, development, and support of C2MS software, hardware, and other complex systems.
- Develops, analyzes and maintains tools that support and automate processes for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's or solution's performance, functional, and technical attributes and its requirements, design, and technical specifications throughout its lifecycle.
- Develops standards, processes, and controls supporting product/solution configuration, data management, and release activities.
- Provides guidance and status to software developers, engineering staff, quality assurance, and configuration/release teams related to process and tool design alternatives, solution lifecycle processes, and compliance with established procedures for configuration/data management.
- Tracks software in use, licensing, and any technical documentation for C2MS capabilities.
- Coordinate configuration boards, document and publish approved configurations, and coordinate changes with customer agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field from a four-year college or university.
- 5 years experience in Configuration Management.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with an Configuration Management industry standard such as EIA 649.
- Knowledge of Special Operations, SOCOM, and C4ISR systems.
Security Clearance: None
Back to top