Computer Network Support Specialist, Senior - 31542
- Fort Walton Beach, FL
Work in a collaborative and innovative environment support Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC). This is an amazing opportunity to directly support global Command and Control Mission Support (C2MS) program. You will be a critical part of the Development and Engineering team, developing incremental and evolutionary upgrades in response to mission requirements in our Florida location.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Support the evolution of Core Services per customer requirements.
- Support the integration of commercial and government products to extend Core Services capabilities.
- Perform analysis, compatibility testing and provide recommendations on implementation of incremental upgrades, expansion of networks and network upgrades.
- Ensure new capabilities securely interfaces between existing networks and applications.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 5 years experience in hands-on network / system administration.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of Special Operations, SOCOM, and C4ISR systems and networks.
- Knowledge of DoD information assurance, policy, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience in Local Area Network (LAN) design, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and sustainment.
- 5 years' experience with industry standard core services and infrastructure (such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)).
- Expertise required in Cloud Applications & Infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud; Windows 10; Windows Server 20XX; Linux (Red Hat, KALI), mobile (iOS, Android); next generation firewalls and web application firewalls (Barracuda, Palo Alto), network hardware (CISCO, Aruba, Juniper, HP), virtual machines and environments (VMWARE, VCENTER, VSPHERE), network monitoring tools (Splunk, Solarwinds, Snort, Wireshark), HBSS tools McAfee), automation tools (Ansible Tower).
Security Clearance: None
Back to top