Computer Network Support Specialist (Network/System Administrator), Senior - 31543
- Fort Walton Beach, FL
Work in a collaborative and innovative environment support Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC). This is an amazing opportunity to directly support global Command and Control Mission Support (C2MS) program. You will be a critical part of the Network/System Administration team, maintaining the C2MS networks in our Florida and New Mexico locations.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for resolving IT hardware and software infrastructure (servers, network, security, etc.) issues using systems analysis techniques and procedures to ensure appropriate function of hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves issues with IT infrastructure including user systems, servers, storage and network connectivity.
- Provides system administration for assigned infrastructure and establishes and maintains security as it relates to users.
- Applies security patches and operating system upgrades to ensure the security and integrity of the technical environment.
- Supports new infrastructure projects.
- Maintains all configuration documentation for assigned infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 5 years experience in hands-on network / system administration.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of Special Operations, SOCOM, and C4ISR systems and networks.
- Knowledge of DoD information assurance, policy, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience in Local Area Network (LAN) design, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and sustainment.
- 5 years' experience with industry standard core services and infrastructure (such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)).
- Expertise required in Cloud Applications & Infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud; Windows 10; Windows Server 20XX; Linux (Red Hat, KALI), mobile (iOS, Android); next generation firewalls and web application firewalls (Barracuda, Palo Alto), network hardware (CISCO, Aruba, Juniper, HP), virtual machines and environments (VMWARE, VCENTER, VSPHERE), network monitoring tools (Splunk, Solarwinds, Snort, Wireshark), HBSS tools McAfee), automation tools (Ansible Tower).
Security Clearance: None
Back to top