Composite Site Engineer Subject Matter Expert - 33958
- Enon, OH
Alion Science and Technology is looking for a Composite Materials Subject Matter Expert (SME) Engineer to support the Strike Systems Program Office at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. Must have composites materials engineering knowledge and experience on ACAT I or equivalent aircraft development programs. Support shall include:
- Research, design, development, and certification of composite airframe structures
- Development of building block structural development test programs to validate strength, durability, and damage tolerance of bonded composites structures
- Industry experience with qualification, fabrication, and non-destructive inspection of composite materials.
- Support development and review of the full range of documentation and products required by DoDI 5000.02.
- Assist with execution of the USAF Airworthiness process per MIL-HDBK-516 and the AF Life-Cycle Systems Engineering (LCSE) and Operational Safety, Suitability, and Effectiveness (OSS&E) processes as prescribed by AFMCI 63-1201.
- Support implementation of Air Force Integrity Programs.
- Support requirements development, allocation, and verification.
- Review and evaluate weapon system design, analyses, and verification documentation and reports
- Gather and develop technical and business data necessary to build and, as required, present program briefs.
- Support program meetings, working groups, and technical and business reviews as needed.
- Analyze equipment and software performance deficiencies make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Support development of contract and documentation changes and updates.
- Support source selections in a technical advisory role as requested.
- SME category minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in engineering, mathematics, or science and 25 years of relevant DoD experience. Ten (10) of these years must be broad, proven experience in government or industry leadership roles on major ACAT I aircraft development programs with at least two (2) years SAP experience accrued within the last four (4) years.
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Back to top