Cloud Software Engineer - 31804
- Linthicum Heights, MD
With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients and employees with big ideas and real solutions.
Alion company is looking for a talented Cloud Software Engineer to design, develop and implement complicated and difficult software capabilities for computer based systems. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge and experience developing cloud software based capabilities. Candidate should have an inquisitive nature, responsiveness, and excellent testing skills. Must also possess strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
Education and Experience:
1. Shall have at least five (5) years' experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
2. Shall have at least four(4) years of experience developing software with java and other high-level languages such as C, C++
3. Shall have demonstrated ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table.
4. Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig.
5. Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
6. Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
7. Shall have demonstrated work experience developing Restful services.
8. Shall have at least three (3) years' experience developing software for UNIX/Linux operating systems.
9. Shall have demonstrated work experience in the requirements analysis and design of at least one Object Oriented system.
10. Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
11. Shall have at least two (2) years' experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
12. Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of a software development project.
13. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least two (2) of the desired characteristics.
1. Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
2. Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (i.e. Amazon, Google, Facebook).
3. Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification.
4. Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
5. Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
6. Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
7. Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
8. Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Back to top