The MESB's mission is to improve Warfighter performance and survivability through analysis, procurement, development, testing, and integrating mission enhancement capabilities. These capabilities include advanced technologies for human systems integration, personal protective equipment, body armor, human performance augmentation (e.g., exoskeletons), wired and wireless power and data distribution (Soldier worn), energy generation, energy harvesting, energy storage, integrated helmet systems, personal electronics and information portrayal systems, man portable nano and small Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) with agnostic collision avoidance and Global Positioning System denied navigation capability, microclimate conditioning (personal cooling and heating), chemical and biological protection, and load carriage.
- Ideally, candidates will have experience and expertise in systems that enhance Soldier performance and that interface directly with the Soldier forming an integrated ensemble
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generate quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translate high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Design interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translate high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participate in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generate system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements. Is a recognized authority in the field. Works toward long-range goals.
Bachelor's degree plus 12 years of related experience
Must have an active Secret Clearance
Security Clearance: Secret
Telework - Not Eligible