Aerospace EW/EMS Lead Engineer - 28488
- Enon, OH
Leads high level work with electronic warfare (EW) /electromagnetic spectrum (EMS) on various Air Force aircraft. Analyzes results of EW/EMS aircraft components and conducts research to determine EW/EMS characteristics. Will supports multiple project activities and may support multiple programs within the organization. Provides technical updates on various Air Force EW/EMS programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies advanced technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to support multiple project teams in the development of technical products.
- Perform complex engineering work with EW/EMS in design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of program level system and product development, engineering analysis and research.
- Carries out complex assignments requiring the development of new research concepts or improvement of current techniques and procedures. Displays an advanced understanding and innovative use of concepts and principles in performing assignments.
- Tasks will include technical lead for various EW/EMS projects for multiple programs.
- Responsible for monitoring and working with various aircraft program offices' electronic warfare programs, AFRL, MAJCOMs, Intelligence Community and vendors.
- A successful candidate would need to rely heavily on being familiar with EW/EMS, early acquisition methods at AFLCMC and possess program management skills.
- Candidate would support senior technical level personnel and program managers in the planning, oversight, and execution of complex and advanced EW/EMS projects related to the development planning in early acquisition. Candidate should be familiar with various AF EW systems.
- Exercises independent judgment in conducting complex analyses and development efforts, and provides technical direction to other staff. Prepares and reviews input to major technical reports, status reports, white papers, proposals and formal briefings.
- Based upon own ideas, prepares unsolicited white papers to secure new projects or the expansion of ongoing project activities that involve support of other staff members. Prepares or coordinates the preparation of complex proposals with contributions from several activities.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or a related scientific discipline plus 8 to 10 years relevant EW/EMS work experience. Operational and/or acquisition life cycle experience preferred.
Work experience may be adjusted based on education, or highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Demonstrated command of engineering principles, systems engineering processes, methods, and techniques in more than one area of expertise.
Advanced knowledge of EW/EMS, acquisition life cycle, relevant tools, equipment, hardware, and software.
Effective customer and organizational level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Travel anticipated: 20%
A TS/SCI security clearance is required.
U.S. Citizenship Required
Security Clearance: None
Back to top