At Alight, we believe a company's success starts with its people. It's why we're so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team's expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com .
As the Senior Payroll Specialist you will be required to be a subject matter expert (SME) in all areas of payroll processing. You will be required to analyse and respond to complex issues that require comprehensive knowledge of payroll activities. As the SME, you will be responsible for supporting and improving current payroll operations in an outsourced model and therefore partner with client stakeholders, service provider a/o technical team. This to ensure and maintain the employee experience in payroll.
- Ability to support and process payroll from end to end according to the defined standards and client requirements including all associated payroll tasks and transactions
- Undertake, support and manage changes when situation requires
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation requirements; system updates, changes and overall payroll procedures while managing the payroll legislation road map
- Answer payroll related questions and requests; supporting the Operations function
- Update, maintain and enforce the usage of the Defined Work Instructions (DWIs)and other process documentation
- Ability to resolve and support technical and functional issues escalated
- Ensure compliant use of all systems
- Recommend or participate in innovation activities to drive continuous improvement
- Support client-operations, project implementations and go-lives
- Participate in projects as needed and assigned
Alight Core Competencies
- Be Accountable - Be a key team player by collaborating and sharing knowledge to accomplish personal and team results.
- Solve Problems - Be a resourceful problem solver by proactively identifying problems or challenges in the workplace and put forward creative solutions to drive continuous improvement
- Take Ownership - Proactively seeks clarity of role, accomplishment of individual & team objectives
- Be Client Centric - Actively responds to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Be Effective - Contribute and work to agreed global standards, utilize tools & technologies to act fast to achieve maximum personal productivity. Ensure work can be carried out in a repeatable, scalable way
Professional / Job Experience
- Strong knowledge of the various inputs and outputs such as third party interfaces, timekeeping, tax filing/compliance, benefits and other key areas that integrate with payroll
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to support a global and fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, as well as independently while adhering to processes and procedures Senior Specialist JL3S Senior Specialist JL3S - Delivery 3/3 Academic Degree Education and Training
- BA/BS in a business-related field such as Accounting, Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 5-8 years relevant experience administering Payroll in an HR consulting, HR Outsourcing or Corporate environment
- Expert knowledge on payroll processes, practices and associated legislation Desirable
- HRIS knowledge: Workday, SAP, or PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
- Payroll certifications
- Experience managing small-medium scale projects
- So that you can be your best at work and home, we'll consider flexible working arrangements according to business requirements.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.