At Alight, we believe a company's success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to "Be Alight."
Champion People - be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.
Grow with purpose - Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.
Be Alight - act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It's why we're so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team's expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Alight Pay is a product roadmap innovation to create our own IP payroll engine. The role holder will start by being a member of the Alight Pay project team, focusing on delivering all the key information to define the country local standard build within Alight Pay to the Products team. Once the country is deployed and the localization has been completed the role switches to maintenance and support mode.
The Payroll Country owner (PCO) is responsible to define the local payroll country set up of Alight Pay and the ongoing maintenance and health of the country solution.
The Payroll Country Owner (PCO) will provide expertise and outputs to deliver compliant country payroll calculations and legal compliance into the core pay engine and to maintain the country standard ongoing. The Payroll Country Owner (PCO) leads client activation and acts as the payroll manager supporting the client and internal teams on the account.
The Payroll Country Owner role is essential to deliver a compliant payroll calculations and legal compliance and will be responsible for creating and maintaining the solution.
- Country Standards - identify best payroll practices in country, define and maintain the country standards, and support the teams to uphold the standards.
- Maintenance and Compliance - continual review and update of country standard solution to identify and adapt to legal changes and incorporate into all design documents, workbooks, and other material to maintain country compliance.
- Country Testing - validating all created standards and rules through testing of created country solution within Alight Pay.
- Project Management - lead projects activating payroll for customers
- Payroll Management - assist client and internal teams on country payroll and coordinate payroll activities.
- Owns the payroll solution for the country
- Key point of contact for sales when a person is required to represent our payroll solution for that country
- Monitor regulatory environment and ensure changes are understood, planned and incorporated into the country payroll standards and workbooks
- Maintain documentation for country standard payroll processing
- Maintain all the country standard workbooks and documentation that state what is included in the standard deployment for the country in line with country legislative changes
- Project manage activation of new customers to the tool
- Review account status and participate in service review meetings with the client.
- Support country payroll teams in running payroll and providing tier 1 support and triage for all technical questions and problems
- Manage and maintain clear and informative communications to internal teams and the client to support the efficient processing of payrolls and systems.
- Work with relevant teams across Alight to ensure changes to the technical environment is understood, tested and that all documentation is updated to reflect those changes
- Upskill and develop team members through training delivery and coaching to enable them to fulfil their role
Knowledge, Education, Certification, Skills & Technical Proficiencies
- Fluent in English (written, oral)
- Advanced level of Excel
- country legislation expertise
- HR Consulting, payroll and outsourcing industry experience
- A solutions-based thinker with a natural inquisitive mind
- Attention to detail
- At least 7 years' experience in a payroll role
- Business analysis experience
- Experience working for a global organization with a multi-cultural environment
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and "Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs" 5 years in a row.
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it's important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.