Walmart Category Manager - Bentonville, AR
- Responsible for the day to day Category Insights relationship with the customer, providing Insights and strategy, that drive improved sales and share performance for Alcon OTC & Contact Lens portfolio.
- Lead Insight development utilizing Point of Sales, Syndicated, and Custom Research data
- Develop Category and Shopper strategies to assist Buyer with integrated Category strategy solutions in support of key business building initiatives.
- Lead shelf layout and modular thought process, perform space to sales analyses, and apply best in class shelving strategies.
- Expert in the analysis of syndicated Nielsen data, household panel and Retail Link leading to key insights and business recommendations.
- Provides strategic and tactical recommendations on the Distribution, Pricing, Shelving and Merchandising to drive sales, share growth and overall category performance.
- Provides input into customer planning cycle based on knowledge of category and shopper trends, competitive issues, etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with retailer buyers, sales planners and other cross functional partners.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in business, healthcare administration, marketing or related discipline.
- A Master in Business Administration is highly preferred.
- Fluent in English.
- 4-6 years Category Management, Replenishment experience.
- Experience working with Wal-Mart preferred.
- Proficient in Retail Link, Nielsen, JDA Prospace
- Experience with Atlas (3rd party data solution) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated financial analytical skills to assess business opportunities that maximize sales potential.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top