Training & KOL Mgr, Surgical Glaucoma
•The responsibility of the Training Manager position is to train and prepare Alcon Surgical personnel in the US to be technical product experts, effective sales representatives and to meet their sales objectives.
- The position is responsible for working with a cross functional team in Sales, Marketing and Compliance to drive executional efforts against our marketing strategy in order to drive results.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, workshops, virtual and on-demand training.
- Product Knowledge Expert – Train newly hired personnel and tenured employees on the science and technology behind CyPass and relevant components of Surgical Glaucoma.
- Selling Skills – Coach newly hired Surgical personnel and tenured employees on selling in various environments- OR and Clinic utilizing the Surgical 360 Degree Selling Model.
- Revise training content for regional relevance for all products to be used with new hires and tenured sales personnel for the purpose of improving their technical knowledge and selling abilities.
- Train newly hired Surgical personnel on various sales support tools such as SalesForce, Composer, Proposer and BI dashboards.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices Training and Teaching Others –
- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Implements all training courses as scheduled Assists the Training Director in developing annual budgets and plans.
- Works with the GPD organization to create new courses and evaluate existing ones.
- Recommends necessary revisions to existing training courses and possible areas requiring training courses.
- Drawing up a training plan Managing budgets Producing materials needed for training Working with training providers to develop suitable content for the courses Deliver training
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor’s degree Fluency in English
- Proven working experience as a training manager
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability
- Good computer and database skills
- BS degree in education, human resources or relevant field
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top