Technical Document Specialist
- Santa Barbara, CA
• Create and maintain high quality software and system documentation.
• Perform software and hardware verification to support the development and launch of medical device software and surgical systems.
• Collaborate with software and system development teams, both local and remote, to achieve objectives.
• Write and update testing documentation in compliances with established procedures, standards and style guides
• Manually execute software test cases and compile results analysis
• Detects and track software defects and improvements through resolution
• Reviews software requirements and prepares test scenarios
• Identify opportunities for test automation
• Collaborate with software and hardware teams to develop test plans and communicate issues, risks and improvements
• Writes, formats, edits, and reviews information for technical and non-technical users by defining logical steps to perform required functions
• Provides regular updated project status reports to management and other defined contacts
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• No experience required.
• 2 years of relevant experience
• Experience with Jira or similar issue tracking tool
• Experience working with Spiratest or similar test management platform
Back to top