Technical Design Expert - IOL HPC & Eng
Join our global team of analysts working closely with our R&D business partners to identify, implement and support IT tools and solutions used by the engineers to develop innovative products to preserve eyesight worldwide. Members of the staff are well versed in the business processes including product design control, modeling and simulation in a high performance computing environment, lab testing, manufacturing automation, and clinical supplies management.
• Create the detailed IT solution/service design, based on the functional specifications to meet quality and performance requirements and technical constraints to support the R&D business for product design, simulation.
• Create detailed process designs that are necessary to operate the new service on a day-to-day basis.
• Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of service.
• Peer review and sign off detailed designs by business.
• Ensure that detailed designs adhere to solution architecture design (i.e. high-level conceptual design) and are traceable to functional as well as non-functional requirements in functional specification.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• 5 years of relevant high power computing experience
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Technical skills in managing IT platforms supporting R&D product development such as high performance computing and engineering development environments
• High technical learning agility to stay ahead of the technical needs of the business
• Strong ability to collaborate across other IT functions
• Understanding of the business processes around medical device manufacturing
• Experience with building and managing an HPC environment
• Using Altair from PBS Works for HPC and Ansys for modeling and simulation
Back to top