Technical Associate I, Laser Probes
Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon’s three businesses – Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care – meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
Alcon is currently seeking multiple Technical Associates for Laser Probes in the Manufacturing Technical Operations division located in Irvine, CA.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Routine and repetitive production involving Laser Probe assembly within full-scale production manufacturing operations
- Cross-train throughout the Laser Probe department rotate throughout department on as needed basis
- Speak up for Quality, Safety and provide Continuous Improvement suggestions regularly
- May participate in team projects to develop process improvement methods, solutions, and procedures to enhance product quality
- May perform functional testing following established methods and procedures
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Must be able to pass all job-specific training or certifications required for core tasks or specialized assignments EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior Laser probe assembly highly desirable
- Able to communicate, read and understand English
- Good hand and eye coordination
- Able to perform routine and repetitive production tasks
- Able to see and handle hair-thin fibers
- Able to work with latex gloves for extended periods of time
- Able to work 2nd shift (2:30pm to midnight) highly desirable
- Willing to work overtime highly desirable
No relocation package is allocated for this position.
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company’s contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top