Surgical Account Manager - West Denmark
- Århus, Denmark
The purpose of the role is to represent Alcon in Surgical Accounts, acting as a single point of contact for an Account, owning Account development plan & execution through continuous presence.
You will achieve sales growth by ensuring strong customer relationships including both clinical and non clinical stakeholders, pull-through of IOLs and cataract consumables, leads generation and
identification for Alcon equipment. You will also be supporting other product categories stock management & product availability issues as well as ensuring invoicing/contract follow ups.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Owner of total Alcon sales performance of approx. 25-30 accounts: -
- Key owner over sales and market share of Total Alcon IOL portfolio
- Secondary monitoring and support of consumables availability and consumption
- Equipment lead initiation supported by product experts, support phaco demos when
- Technical Service contracts renewal & upgrade
• Ownership of Equipment, Cat, Vit and AT consumables & IOL Account plan development & execution
• To derive insight and intelligence from the current customer environment and transform this understanding into successful commercial execution
• To provide end-to-end customer support for customers, leading coordination of specialist roles, activities & plans (ATM, SEM, CAS, FSE)
• Proactively collaborate with SEM, ATM, SAM Private and SAM Public in identifying potential targets and new customers.
• Map decision making process and key stakeholders in order to inform and implement the business plan
• Build good relationships with key stakeholders, representing Alcon
• Align with customers using a consultative sales approach to match Alcon products and services with customer & patient needs
• Play an active role in "bottom-up" demand generation following up with contract negotiations
• Prepare & negotiate quotes with customer
• Liaise with expert roles in case of more in-depth technical/clinical knowledge of a certain product is required to generate demand and/or implement solutions
• Initiate and drive local events that serve customer's needs
• Follow & report on competitor activities
• Convert from competition with value based selling involving product experts for particular product categories)
• Act as a main point of contact for internal Alcon functions in the accounts
• Report on competitor activities
• Initiate follow-up to product related complaints
• Consistently act in accordance with SOPs and medical device regulatory environment.
• Fluency in Local Language and English
• Previous Account Management experience (within Med tech, Pharma or in the Ophthalmic field)
• Consultative selling experience in B2B industries
• Customer facing role interacting with medical & non-medical staff
• Cross-functional and matrix working experience
• Experience working with SalesForce or similar tool.
• To be able to confidently work in a field based capacity with a lot of travel within the territory, full drivers licence
Back to top