Supervisor, Manufacturing (Tues-Sat, 1st Shift)
This an Alcon Fort Worth North Manufacturing position will lead manufacturing team(s) to produce sterile pharmaceutical products in a way that:
• Ensures a safe workplace
• Complies with established standards and procedures (e.g., cGMP and SOPs)
• Encourages growth and contributions by team members
• Meets or exceeds business requirements, quality standards, and cost
• Optimizes and improves the manufacturing process
Planning - Set team direction for associates to know what is expected, and why.
• Plan and schedule work activities based on production schedules and changing priorities.
• Communicate Company and Department objectives to team.
• Develop team objectives (people, safety, quality, supply, cost, etc.), and gain agreement from Management.
• Monitor team progress versus objectives versus goals, and communicate results to Associates.
• Monitor, analyze, and control variables, such as labor utilization, raw materials, equipment, and facilities [GEN]. Technical - Operate, maintain, and improve production facilities to meet/exceed production goals.
• Ensure that materials required for operation are ordered and available.
• Ensure lines are staffed adequately, and are running to meet production schedule and changing priorities.
• Ensure products are verified according to test procedures and schedules.
• Ensure production information is collected, stored, and reported (e.g, MBRs, test results, logs, ...)
• Ensure maintenance activities are performed to resolve operating problems and preserve assets (inspections and PM).
• Audit production lines, and troubleshoot production variances to identify root causes. Develop short-term resolutions to problems, and assist to identify systemic solutions to prevent problem recurrence.
• Lead team to analyze operational data to identify and implement improvements to safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
• Participate in review, writing, and training of new and revised SOPs and MBRs.
• Assist in validation of all processes and equipment in area of responsibility.
• Lead cross-functional improvement teams [GEN].
• Represent Area Manager and assume duties as directed/required. [GEN] Team - Provide a positive work environment that engages associates and enables strong performance.
• Hire, train, coach, and evaluate associates.
• Carry out HR activities such as performance appraisals, training, interviewing, counseling, and staff and resource utilization.
• Plan/assign duties, tasks, and overtime to associates according to their KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities), so that work assignments are carried out timely and effectively.
• Evaluate the performance of associates, and celebrate successes.
• Provide regular encouragement and feedback, both formal and informal.
• Assess the KSAs of individual associates and of the entire team. Ensure training plans and development activities grow KSAs of individual associates, and the overall
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Ability to read, write and communicate in fluent English.
2 years relevant experience.
Back to top