Summer 2019 Internship – Biostatistics – R&D (Fort Worth, TX)
You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
The purpose of the Intern - R&D role is to support the business of Alcon's customers through efficient, effective and innovative engineering, scientific, technical or mathematical solutions. This role will be responsible for assisting in the development, testing or necessary implementation for the assigned R&D project within one of the following R&D organizations: Surgical, Vision Care, Pre-Clinical Development, Global Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs, Portfolio & Project Management under immediate supervision.
• Assist in the design, development, testing or implementation of processes to meet needs of new and existing products
• Applies fundamental level analysis to provide solutions to rudimentary problems arising within the department
• Executes specified options to adapt or improve existing approaches
• Applies fundamental engineering/scientific principles to the research and/or development of medical devices/science/technology and or provide support
• Participates in reviews and actions assigned items
• Ensures regulatory/statutory/legislative compliance for all work
• Executes under very close supervision, follows specific instructions and usually directed and structured
• Decision impact short term
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Current student enrolled in accredited university; Field of study be in Biostatistics or equivalent program
Back to top