Strategy Mgr, Global Vision Care
•The Strategy Manager is expected to lead key strategic projects and initiatives, including hypothesis building, structured analyses, and general problem-solving; while accounting for business conditions and trends that may affect the organization.
- Analyze strategic issues that can affect growth and profitability of the Franchise, including deep-dive analyses and presentations as prioritized by the Global Franchise Team.
- Coordinate annual strategic planning process and assist in creation of annual plan documents.
- Assist in the preparation of financial and non-financial strategic objectives and alternatives.
- Implement and maintain strategic and operational plans.
- Execute work streams for the franchise, including cross-functional coordination and long-range portfolio planning.
- Assist in driving change efforts and ensuring the progression and integration of business initiatives.
- Leadership: Lead strategic projects and develop recommendations/presentations, assisting Head of Vision Care Strategy
- Independently develop strategic insights, taking into account competitor gap analysis, market predictions, financial plans, and pipeline information
- Drive change efforts agree upon by the Global Franchise Team, ensuring the progression and integration of business initiatives Strategic Planning and Business Planning
- Drive yearly Strategic Planning process and related activities (e.g., coordination of financial forecasting, process planning, document preparation)
- Delivers timely, zero-defect analyses. Leverages Microsoft Excel for quantitative analyses
- Identifies challenges and risks across strategic initiatives, with a focus on analysis and market research; provides recommendations to counter challenges and risks
- Conduct portfolio analyses (e.g., strategic fit, market position, financials, gross margin improvement) and present consolidated results to senior GFT leadership
- Leads the development of major presentations for senior executives. Leverage PowerPoint to create impactful, concise, and defect-free presentations
- Co-develop presentations with the Head of Global Vision Care Strategy for key audiences (e.g., Executive Leadership Team, media, analysts, key events) Cross-Functional Coordination: Partner with functional leadership (e.g., R&D, MTO, Quality) to define priorities and develop recommendations reflecting the long-term interests of the Franchise
- Partner with market research and competitive intelligence teams to conduct periodic reviews of Vision Care market and emerging trends
- Interfaces with cross functional business leaders, which may include members of the executive team and senior executives
- Develops the projections and future perspectives to support the company's strategic decisions, such as product development and new business opportunities
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •B.S. /B.A. in Business.
- Preferred: Bachelor´s degree in Business, Finance, Math, Science, or Engineering field; Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or working toward MBA
- Minimum: 7 years of relevant experience
- Preferred: 7 years with at least 3-4 years of top-tier investment banking or consulting experience
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top