Sr Software Engineer - Windows Thick Client GUI development
- Mission Viejo, CA
This role is responsible for the development and documentation of complex Windows applications embedded in state-of-art ophthalmic diagnostic surgical devices. These devices incorporate multiple real time and non-real time processors and provide a custom and feature rich Graphical User Interface (GUI). In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
• Provides technical leadership including software architecture, high level design choices, technical standards, tools, and platforms.
• Applies advanced level software development principles to the research and development of Windows applications
• Develops and applies complex concepts and proposes new and unique approaches, methods,procedures and designs with regular use of ingenuity, creativity and originality to researching technical issues
• Assures continuity of products and processes through feasibility assessment, research, design, development and compliance to requirements
• Leads design reviews, where applicable
• Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of relevant experience or (or high school +10 years; Associates +6 years; Masters' +2 years; PhD + 0 years)
• Able to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• Hands-on Windows development experience
• Extensive Graphical User Interface (GUI) development and customization
• Extensive experience with .NET, C#, C++, and Microsoft technology stacks
• Strong working knowledge of advanced design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and
clarity of design
• Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative
• Familiarity with hardware design constraints as applied to software interfaces
• Experience with Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and image\signal processing
• Working knowledge of Graphic User Interfaces using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern
Back to top