Sr. Principal Statistician
•Supports project teams through contributions to product development strategies and the design, planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of clinical and non-clinical studies, with a view toward establishing the conditions essential for determining safety, efficacy, and marketability.
- Scientific and technical leadership and management of multiple projects in one or more therapeutic areas.
- Must exhibit ability to independently assist in creation of development plans and lead scientific development of all related protocols for multiple projects.
- Independently lead all efforts related to project-level activities, to include all analyses and inputs into regulatory filings for all phases of development.
- Ensure and manage quality, timeliness, and efficiency for all support and deliverables for designated projects.
- Liaise with and provide needed guidance to statistical programmers assigned in support of project and trial deliverables.
- Includes the accountabilities of statisticians assigned to projects.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with project-specific functional representation.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Doctoral degree in statistics or biostatistics preferred
- Master’s degree with sufficient relevant experience.
- Fluent English essential (oral and written)
- At least 5 years with Doctoral degree or at least 10 years with Master’s degree in the pharmaceutical or device industry or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge in statistics and clinical trial methodology.
- Sound knowledge of project therapeutic areas and relevance to study design.
- Good knowledge of product development and commercialization process and relevant guidelines and processes.
- Emerging Health Authority expertise.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
This position may also be located in Lake Forest, CA
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top