Sr Principal Software Engineer
•Lead an agile team of external SW vendors to develop Informatics software solutions for industry leading ophthalmic surgical devices.
- Responsible for the entire product software development life cycle for applicable products.
- Works with fellow members in the product design team to analyze target product profile, and creates software requirements traceable to system requirements.
- Leads the software design on Connectivity (IHE, HL7, DICOM) and Cloud Applications (Web, Mobile), working closely with both engineers in-house and external software vendors.
- Communicates statement of work, Software Engineering Development Process (SEDP), and development plan to external software vendors.
- Works with project manager to assure vendor is progressing as planned and meeting milestones.
- Manages technical issues raised during development process.
- Works closely with Software Verification and Validation group to ensure appropriate software verification plan and procedures, and to manage deviations in validation.
- Interfaces with customers and vendors as necessary during the product development cycle; supports field services on complex technical issues.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Minimum BS in computer science or related science/engineering discipline plus twelve years' experience, or MS plus ten years' experience, or Ph.D. plus eight years' experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Requires software development experience for medical devices and FDA/Global Regulations.
- Minimum eight years directly leading software projects.
- Requires high level of comfort with software architecture and object oriented/service-oriented design concepts.
- Requires experience with Agile philosophy and Scrum methodology.
- Requires solid knowledge of full-stack Cloud Applications software (AWS, Analytics, Web/Mobile).
- Proven ability to mentor and coach engineers in day-to-day scenarios.
- Software development representative in cross-functional product teams, and can thrive in a dynamic environment with challenging schedules.
- Experience managing external software vendors in completing projects.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality.
- Project management experience and skills (e.g. knowledge of PM tools)
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top