Sr. Financial Analyst
Alcon is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for the Technical Operations division located in Lake Forest, CA. The primary scope of this role will be to provide financial analysis and support to the finance manager for our Technical Service Organizations. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for most of the finance related activities for the Technical Service Organization. This includes a full P&L, computing and preparing data for journal entries, preparation of financial statements, building profitability models, account reconciliation support, budgets and supporting other financial related activities that impact the US Technical Service organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure accuracy of period end financial information and investigate/explain any material discrepancies
• Assist in preparation of the monthly forecast providing production performance and purchase price variance tracking
• Support of annual budgets
• Prepare the accurate and timely processing of all month end close journal entries and supporting analysis
• Key Journal Entries which includes Accruals, Reserves and cross-charge analysis to support the US Technical Service Organization
• Preparation of month-end reporting and analysis including cost center trend and spending analysis by account, as well as reporting of key variance drivers to management, with focus on contracts, installations, warranties and retrofits
• Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and analysis of the General Ledger are maintained in accordance with GAAP, IAS and Internal Financial Audit Controls
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
English: Verbal and Written
Minimum of 2 years directly related experience.
• Advanced degree preferred
• 5 years of directly related experience.
• Working knowledge of SAP and BI Reporting
• Proficiency with Excel, Pivot Tables, Vlookup
• Reliability and accuracy with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines, while simultaneously maintaining attention to detail and quality of work
• Proactive communication of anticipated risks both in terms of results and deliverables/action items
• Be a sound business advisor for the leadership team
• Seeks to promote process improvement
• Team player able to interact with different levels and work on projects in a virtual team environment
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top