Sr. Engineer I (Huntington, WV)
•To plan, coordinate, and complete the new product/process introductions Intraocular lenses (IOLs) lens delivery systems, equipment, &/or processes from research & development (R&D) into a manufacturing environment.
- Provide project management including planning, coordinating, and introducing new product lines and line extensions into production
- Manages technical activities on project level for product transfers
- Ensure that equipment and processes meet the needs of the site, within a given timeframe and budget.
- Process, product, and data review within respective field of operation in accordance with job responsibility and function, able to troubleshoot process, material and technique-related issues Risk assessments & Requirement generation for equipment and processes
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in an Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Excellent knowledge of English
- 4 years’ experience in Manufacturing Process Engineering &/or New Product Development experience within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry, data-driven decision making; strong risk analysis skills; team leadership experience preferred.
- Must have a good understanding of medical device quality regulations and GMP
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written/verbal/communications
- Strong interpersonal skills; and must be able to perform in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Coursework in Process Control, Optics, Statistics, or project management. Lean Six Sigma preferred
- *Position is located in Huntington, WV
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top