Sr. Electronic Engineer
- Mission Viejo, CA
• Here at Alcon, we are designing market-leading, state-of-the-art equipment that eye surgeons use to help restore people's sight.
• These are innovative, highly complex, highly reliable, precision systems with a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, and optical sub-systems, all working together to allow the surgeon to help people in ways that were not possible before.
• We're looking for an exceptional Senior-level Electronic Engineer, one with a wide breadth of knowledge and experience as a board-level design engineer (digital and analog), but in particular a deep understanding of wireless interfaces (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID), at the physical layer, and up to the product level.
• We are also looking for someone who has a demonstrated record of accomplishment of successfully bringing products through the entire life cycle: concept, development, product launch, and reliably working in the field.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +10 yrs; Assoc.+6 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 2 Years of Relevant Experience
• Deep understanding of wireless communication interfaces starting at physical layer and up to product level (including Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, and RFID).
• Microcontroller/microprocessor-based circuit design.
• Board-level digital circuit design (for example: memory, I2C/SPI devices, ADC/DAC, etc.).
• Board-level analog circuit design (for example: sensor conditioning, op amps, filters, linear and switching power supplies, motor drive circuits, etc.).
• Wired communication interfaces (for example: Ethernet, CAN bus, MIPI, USB, etc.).
• Extensive knowledge of signal integrity, power integrity, transmission line theory, and other PCBA layout-related issues.
• Design-for-EMC; Design-for-Safety; Design-for-Reliability.
• A wide breadth of technical knowledge, gained from working on a variety of products, is valued.
Preferred Experience (not required)
• Medical device development under 21 CFR Part 820.
• CPLD/FPGA/ASIC development using Verilog or VHDL.
• PCBA layout using Allegro, Altium, or other tools.
Back to top