Sr. Control System Engineer
The Sr. Control System Engineer will design and implement manufacturing technology to automate production processes and equipment and to support production operations from an equipment and process troubleshooting standpoint as well as implement production efficiency improvements. Automation engineers are expected to hold both a project management and production support workload.
Project Management: An Automation Engineer may work with a Project Manager or independently depending on the complexity and scope of the project. Automation engineering responsibilities include developing user and design requirements, selecting equipment vendors or completing the technology design and equipment build in-house, managing the installation of automation while ensuring safety, and validating the automated system for adherence to requirements, CGMPs, and intended system operation.
Production Support: Support Automation Technicians in situations where troubleshooting or technology may fall outside of their area of expertise. Interact with production supervisors/managers to identify areas to improve equipment throughput, flexibility, quality, safety, and/or reliability. Implement automation solutions resulting from MNC investigations or CAPA assignments. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering)
- Fluent in English
- 3 years directly related experience
- 5 – 7 years total industrial experience in specified skill area.
- Exposure to highly automated/technical equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Mastery of a variety of automation software applications. Software applications include but are not limited to the Allen-Bradley RSLogix portfolio, Allen-Bradley RSView, GE Proficy SCADA/HMI iFix, Siemens S7, Modicon, Wonderware, and Cognex In-Sight Explorer.
- Must be able to work varying schedules to ensure project completion / support production (i.e., tasks, hours, shift, days of week)
- Masters of Science in Engineering or Engineering Management
- 7 – 10 years pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE)
- RSLogix5000 Programmer Certification
- Lean / Six Sigma Certifications (Green/Black Belts)
relocation assistance for qualified candidates
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top