Sr. Business Planning Analyst, MTO
This role is responsible for supporting the planning, analysis, and review of consolidated financial data. The BPA Analyst is responsible for managing corporate cost center spend and coordination of MTO Finance activities such as: month end close, FTE analysis, producing monthly reports, weekly forecast, long term forecast, annual budgets, Capex consolidation and analysis, and monthly business review preparation.
- Support with the consolidation and system maintenance of data for target, forecasts and Latest Forecasts linked to the overall strategy.
- Accountability for MTO Corporate department budgets.
- Provides management with accurate, relevant business analysis to support monthly operational reviews and ad-hoc requests on MTO P&L performance, standard costs and MTO/QA Corporate Departments.
- Contribute to the manufacturing strategic planning and budgeting process; develop and execute planning templates, review site plans, provide analysis, prepare presentations, identify key initiatives and implement key performance indicators to track progress.
- Supports the global MTO Investment related processes: CAPEX prioritization, coordinate reviews, prepare presentations, track progress, and facilitate execution of key CAR requests.
- Create tools, processes, reports and metrics to accurately forecast business results and proactively manage performance to meet financial objectives.
- Design and maintain early warning systems for financial tracking, ensuring accurate advance warning for all financial results – and eliminate financial surprises.
- Carry out ad hoc analysis or projects as appropriate.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
Fluent in English
Minimum 2 years of financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, planning and/or accounting experience (4 years preferred)
Broad knowledge of accounting principles
Ability to work in a complex, matrix environment dealing with continuous change & occasionally conflicting priorities
Excellent business & finance acumen, strong analytical skills, presentation and communication skills required
Independent thinkers and capacity to maintain focus & composure
Familiarity with General Ledger and reporting packages (JDE, SAP, Hyperion Essbase) or ability to learn quickly
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top