Sr Automation Engineer - FWN
To design and implement manufacturing technology to automate production processes and equipment and to support production operations from an equipment and process troubleshooting standpoint as well as implement production efficiency improvements. Automation engineers are expected to hold both a project management and production support workload. Project Management: An Automation Engineer may work with a Project Manager or independently depending on the complexity and scope of the project. Automation engineering responsibilities include developing user and design requirements, selecting equipment vendors or completing the technology design and equipment build in-house, managing the installation of automation while ensuring safety, and validating the automated system for adherence to requirements, CGMPs, and intended system operation. Production Support: Support Automation Technicians in situations where troubleshooting or technology may fall outside of their area of expertise. Interact with production supervisors/managers to identify areas to improve equipment throughput, flexibility, quality, safety, and/or reliability. Implement automation solutions resulting from MNC investigations or CAPA assignments.
• Planning - Coordinate equipment availability with production to ensure engineering activities have minimized impact to production
• Plan and execute engineering project work with minimal supervision
• Partner with production to identify windows for corrective/preventive action implementation and project work
• Effective communication of equipment operational status
• Develop cost estimates and justification for capital appropriations; perform engineering evaluations using technical and economic factors and make purchasing recommendations for major systems/equipment
• Ability to be flexible in work assignments (i.e., tasks, hours, shift, days of week) Technical - Equipment / process control system troubleshooting and documentation of corrections and change control activities
• Act as engineering and technical lead for projects
• Provide technical support for safety and quality improvement initiatives
• Program PLCs, HMIs, SCADA systems, and inspection systems
• Manage a large capital project or multiple small capital projects concurrently, the required investment for the capital projects could be up to $2M
• Manage the budget for a large capital project or multiple small capital projects and proactively identify opportunities to reduce the overall project cost
• Design and implement modifications to the existing manufacturing equipment that will improve the operational efficiencies
• Design, install, and validate the automated control system for new or upgraded utilities systems, compounding processes, and filling and packaging equipment
• Compose Functional Requirement Specifications, FRSs, for new or upgraded utilities systems, compounding processes, and filling and packaging equipment
• Generate and execute Installation and Operational Qualifications, IOQs, and Performance Qualifications, PQs
• Generate and revise standard operating procedures
• Lead Manufacturing Non-Conformance investigations and apply good engineering practices to reduce the risk of repeat Non-Conformances
• Implement corrective and preventative actions to improve manufacturing's operational efficiencies
• Perform risk assessment and risk mitigation activities using systematic tools
• Engineering Change Order (ECO) impact to product release
• CAPA / Action Tracking (Quality/Compliance) on-time completion
• CAPEX (Capital / Expense) project spending adherence
• Project milestone adherence
• Internal/External Audit Results
• Manufacturing Non-Conformances
• Health and Safety Metrics
Sr Automation Engineer - FWN
To be considered for this position, you must have a BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering) with a minimum of 2 years of exposure to highly automated / technical equipment in a manufacturing environment.
Exceptionally qualified candidates will have a MS in Engineering or Engineering Management and a minimum of 4 years of industrial and pharma or medical device manufacturing experience.
Fort Worth, TX
MFG/TECH OPERATIONS AL
Alcon Research, Ltd.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top