The role of the Sr. Technician is to support Vision Care R&D projects in the production of prototypes, registration, and clinical samples, and provide technical support to engineers in the development of materials and processes.
• Provides ancillary services that enable the team to operate effectively and efficiently.
• Effectively performs tasks that are work based on well-established procedures work rules and assigned work routines.
• Interacts with internal and external contacts to provide clear straightforward effective and factual communication and information.
• Maintains awareness of the roles of immediate team members and the work function.
• Revises current procedures, drafts SOPs, creates training aids, and conducts training sessions.
• Executes validation protocols and calibration procedures.
• Uses knowledge of GDP/GMP to perform quality work.
• Exhibits a level of knowledge to perform a wide range of operations/tasks with minimal error.
• Stays focused on tasks and practices good time management skills.
• Recognizes and define problems.
• Works with team to choose best solution(s) and implement them.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Meets individual performance goals as assigned by manager and as defined in annual objectives.
• Operates and supports advanced metrology instrumentation in use by Alcon VC research teams.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Acts as a role model to others within the team/organization.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• Experience working in a high paced manufacturing environment.
• Experience and knowledge of Word Suite (Excel and Word specifically)
• 1 year of related work experience is preferred but not required.
Back to top